- €14 million European grant of private-public partnership “Circular Bio-based Europe – Joint Undertaking”
- Construction and operation of Arbiom’s first plant in France with support of the entire value chain
Paris, France, June 6th , 2023.
Arbiom, an agricultural-biotech company developing solutions to deliver next generation protein ingredients, announced today the kick-off of SYLPLANT project. This European collaborative project gathers 17 partners covering the entire food and feed value chains from feedstock manufacturers to retailers. It is co-funded by the Circular Bio-based Europe Joint Undertaking (CBE JU), a public-private partnership between the European Commission and the Bio-based Industries Consortium. SYLPLANT is built on the success of Sylfeed, a 4-year project funded by the Bio-Based Industries Joint Undertaking (predecessor of CBE JU) where Arbiom successfully scaled-up its technology and validated the performance of SylPro®, its flagship ingredient. “This factory paves the way to Arbiom’s industrial deployment. It will bring 10.000 tons/year of alternative, highly nutritional and sustainable protein to the market to answer the future food needs.” said Marc CHEVREL, CEO of Arbiom.
As part of SYLPLANT, the consortium will work on the sequent objectives for the next three years:
- Constructing & operating Arbiom’s first plant in France to reach 10,000 ton per year of ingredient production.
- Validating the use of SylPro® in feed applications including aquafeed and petfood and gathering consumer insights.
- Developing the next generation of foods such as cheese analogs, meat-analogs, and specialized nutrition products with Arbiom’s ingredient.
To read the Full press release, please Click here